Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

He latches on!! He latches on!!.......OUCH!!

Sorry I haven't updated in 2 weeks! It's just been one trial after another with this breastfeeding. I think I might have offended God when I posted the Life Verse from I Jennifer that said "Breastfeeding is for the birds." Since that week I have endured some major struggles with breastfeeding. So I need to apologize to God for poking fun of one of his best miracles. What an amazing thing that the most perfect nutrition for your baby naturally occurs with the birth of your child. However, still doesn't mean it's easy.


After getting over mastitis on the right side I got it on the left side before my antibiotics were up for the right! Dr. didn't feel on Monday that it was mastitis even though I had ALL the same symptoms, so I listened until Wednesday when I finally called him with a 102.6 fever and about at the end of my rope. Anyways I'm making a short story long. Doing better and Cole now latches on halleluiah! No more nipple shield! Funny how the grass is always greener on the other side, though. For 5 weeks couldn't WAIT for him to latch on and get the hang of it. Now he does and it hurts like crazy!!! We're talking beginning of last week bleeding, blistered nipples! Yuck! Again doing better now, but still painful at times. Me and ibuprofen have become great friends the past several weeks. Good thing it's not addictive or I might be in trouble!



Cole is gaining weight! He is 7 lbs. 10.5 oz as of Monday 3-10. He has started to take a pacifier when he wants to. Usually when he needs to go down for a nap and doesn't really want to. He's much more alert now, and instead of struggling for him to stay awake it's a struggle to get him to go to sleep! He's so fun. Can't wait til he really starts playing and reaching for things! Here are some pics over the past 2 weeks:




So this is how you work this thing!! I've been trying to figure it out for 5 weeks!!






Friends Jim and Tanya came down from Independence for dinner and to see Cole. He enjoyed them very much! He especially enjoyed the tasty breast milk following the dessert Tanya brought over! Yummy oreo cheesecake!!




Cole has taken his dog on a few walks. :) What a crew! Miles doesn't know quite what to think of his Master Cole. But he's doing great overall considering he went from being an only child--spoiled one at that--to being a big dog brother.



My Pi Phi friends had a shower for us in OKC on the 5th. Megan held Cole for quite a while. Maybe he'll convince her to have one herself. I might have scared her out of it telling her how hard it was! Sorry Megan. I hear it gets easier......

Matt, Angela, and Payten were up this past weekend, and Cole met his Uncle Matt for the first time! Took a pic of Matt and Cole, but can't find it on my camera. Figure I took it on their camera accidently. So herre's Ang instead!


Never posted pics of our cabinets now that they're finished. Love the change though they'll pop much more with new countertops and backsplash. Under the Son did a great job!


4 comments:

megan k said...

I'm cracking up about the latching thing, they become little paranas (sp) huh? haha I can hear you now, "OUWWWWWA, ya little sucker!"

Aubrey said...

Oh he's getting so big Jenn! That's no fun w/ pain associated with latching on. I experienced that myself, but within the first 2-3 wks. of his birth. It IS VERY painful, but so worth it...and it passes in a week or two. My best friend was Lansinoh nipple cream...LOL! I put that stuff on every time he finished nursing and sometimes in between. I just kept telling myself that I was doing this for Hudson so that I could mentally push through it. You're doing a GREAT job!!!!

Amanda said...

Welcome to the club sista! Feel free to holler as loud as you can and clench your teeth when they latch on because it doesn't seem to phase them a bit. I solemnly promise that you will feel 'normal' soon. Just keep telling yourself "There is more to me than just being a boob!" :-)I can't wait to hold Cole! When are you guys coming down???

Kim said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten. He will be a grown boy by the time I get to see him. He looks more and more like you with every new picture I see of him.
Hang in there with the breastfeeding, it DOES get better. I'm still working on the blanket I'm making for Cole, it's bigger than I expected. Will be more like a bed cover by the time I finished, but you will like it, I hope. Love you lots, Aunt Kim