Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Weekend--Potty Training and Birthday Party

If you are wondering what this is....it's Cole's poop! Yes, his mommy did take a picture of it which I will surely regret posting in about 5 months when I say, "Seriously, what was I thinking!!!" But for now, poop is cool, because we are trying to introduce potty training....of which I know NOTHING about b/c I have refused to pay $24.99 to learn the "3 day potty training method." If anyone knows what this is, please advise! All I know is that Cole can pee on the potty on command, poop accidently, and he doesn't know that it's not okay to go in his diaper yet.....how to get there, not sure! Wise moms, please advise! Until then, I will enjoy taking a pic or two of his successful trips to the singing potty. :)



Well, what else did we do this weekend? We babysat Brayden, and Cole had lots of fun with his cousin for the time they were awake and not napping. I think Brayden will be a good golfer like Cole! They both wanted to play with the clubs!



And today Chris, Cole, and I learned what it's like to be a minority! We definitely had a cultural experience of the month! And it was FUN!
Meet Isha, our next door neighbor who just turned 2 yrs.! She is super precious! She and Cole are also in the same class at his "school".
Her family is from India, but they have lived here for a long time now. Isha has an older brother, Drew, who Cole thinks is SUPER cool! Drew and Isha like to come over ever so often and play with Miles.

Well we went to Isha's birthday party today, and we were the ONLY caucasian people there! Everyone else was of Indian descent and had names that we could hardly under stand more less pronounce. Everyone was sooo nice though and tried to make sure we felt comfortable.

They had a clown come to the party who made fun balloons for the kids, did face painting (Cole loved his Elmo that was painted on his hand), and performed a couple skit things.



Cole LOVED Isha's cake which had Barney on it! I guess they both are purple dynasaur fans.


Chris and I were able to eat some Indian food, some good and some not so good. :) They had one dish (sorry cannot pronounce) that was beans, garlic, onion, and mashed veggis which you ate with a wheat bun. It was GOOD! They said that a lot of times this is "Fast food Indian style". You can get it on the street from vendors. The other dish, Chris didn't like so much--yogurt over a dumpling with some spices and cilantro...but I was proud of him for trying it! And Cole?

Well, Cole got to eat pizza, and of course LOVED it! We had a great time meeting all their friends, I got some good advice on preschools, and learned that I like some Indian food!
Then Cole tried out his new tryke from Christmas. Chris got scolded from Memaw and Papaw for not having it put together yet, so he did it today while Cole took his marathon 3.5 hour nap....

Oh the fun we shall have...once his feet can reach the pedals. :)

4 comments:

Christy said...

I used a reward system with Kaleb. He had a chart that he got to put stickers on when he would use the bathroom. I also used treats as a reward for trying, & he would get more if he went, especially for #2 :) I used little marshmellows so it would be a little more healthy than candy. I went to the library & checked out a few books- it seems like I got the one Erika is talking about & liked it.

megan k said...

Marshmellows, marshmellows and more marshmellows. Poop=2 mellows PeePee=1 mellow.

Everyone had what worked for them, you'll figure out Cole's triggers soon.

Good for you guys for stepping out of your comfort zone and meeting new folks and getting to understand a new culture. I'm proud of you!

I took pics of Coop's poo that he threw out of his diaper and on the floor. Poo pics are fun.

In college, we had this saying, "All conversations lead back to poop." So true, so true.

megan k said...

AND happy birthday Cole! Isn't his b'day in January?

Jennifer said...

Cole's birthday is tomorrow! thanks for the advice girls!! We have been using gummies. :) I shall purchase or check out that book!