Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thankgiving Everyone

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Chris and I are staying in Houston for Thanksgiving, and it's just us 2 1/2!! We were going to invite others over, but everyone is going somewhere! So I am cooking my first Thanksgiving dinner for my family which is fun and exciting but also a lot of work for just a few peeps. Our menu includes, Smoked turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, rolls, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pie. Compared to your Thanksgiving this may not be anything, but for me, alone, it's a feat.....like how do I keep the Turkey warm while the stuffing cooks for 1.5 hours? I should put it in the turkey....and I've never made gravy before, so this should be interesting. Actually, I DID make white gravy once from a packet, and Chris hated it, so I am 0 for 1 attempt. :) Wish me luck, and ya'll have a great Turkey day! Don't forget to thank Jesus for all the blessings in your life and for providing food on your table! We have so much to be thankful for!

I am thankful for my God, my salvation, my family, a wonderful husband and sweet son, my job, my INCREDIBLE friends, my health, my freedom, and the fact that I can run off my Thanksgiving meal before I eat it. :) Yes, I will be running in the morning so that I don't have to worry about the 40 Calories, 2 fat grams, and 3 carbs per TWO TABLESPOONS of evaporated milk that I put in the pumpkin pie to equal 1 and 2/3 CUPS of evaporated milk!!! YIKES!!! I will think twice before I eat more than one piece of that. So for my smart friends who know their conversions, how many 2T. servings are in 1 and 2/3 c. evaporated milk???? A LOT!!! I know that!

Love ya'll

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm impressed with your cooking! Miss you! Let's get together when you are back in town in December.

megan k said...

Umm I failed zero level math like ohh three times. I was able to beat the system and enroll in a regular/ real math class and I aced it!! That being said, I still am no good at math. ;)

Good job Chef Girl R Jenn (boy r d)