Oh the little victories that are so huge!! Sorry I've been a bad blogger lately. I've had lots to blog, just have been trying to get other things under control. Blogging has been on the back burner.
VICTORY # 1 : FINALLY COLE IS FEELING BETTER!!
He had a cold for so long! Thank you Jan for watching him one whole day while I went to work. I'd hate to get other kids sick at daycare! He's always got some allergy kinda stuff (probably from the dog), but overall doing much better. The doctor said he's probably teething as well which is part of his consistent low grade fever. Well he felt good enough to learn how to ride my dad's "scoot". It gets 90-100 miles/gallon and onlytakes $5 to fill up. Dad thinks that's pretty good, so he was teaching Cole all about it. See below:
VICTORY # 2: FUSSY TIMES AT NIGHT ARE OVER!!!
Halleluiah! He is sitting here calm as can be with his daddy. Just Chillin' instead of crying for hours. That's been over for a month now I guess, but it helps give me a caption for the picture, ya know! Chris is eating yogurt, and Cole is eating his hands. Yummy!!

VICTORY # 3: HE'S LEARNED TO TAKE A PACIFIER!!!
We were with Aunt Brooke tryinig to pick out granite for the kitchen (which is a victory in itself considering my frugal husband) when he started wailing. I said, "this is when I wish my child would take the pacifier!" Tried it, and like magic he took it within a few minutes!! And he's taken to it decently ever since. Yea for something to soothe him! Now I just have to make
sure Daycare doesn't stick it in his mouth all day long. We'll see how that goes.. Doesn't his hair look red in this picture?? Oh dear!
VICTORY # 4 (according to Chris): COLE CAN PALM A BASKETBALL...

VICTORY # 5: HE'S GOT THE HANG OF RICE CEREAL!
Just look at those chubby cheeks above! :) He's packin' on the LB's! Approaching 15 lbs! He's still really messy with the cereal, but he'll open his mouth now for the spoon, and he's pretty good about drinking water out of a regular cup. Need to practice that some more tonight...
VICTORY # 6: WE CAN GO PLACES WITH LESS HASSLE!
Parenthood is getting easier, I can say for the first time since he was born. He will now entertain himself better while we eat dinner or whatever. Going places like to see my parents or Chris' parents is much easier, less stressful, and more enjoyable for me. Here we are in Mike & Jan's back yard looking out over Cedar Ridge Golf Course. Thanks for having us for (good) leftovers this weekend. We enjoyed seeing you and John and Julie!

Well that's enough victories for now. More will come I am sure. Oh yeah, one more,
I CAN CUT OFF MY STREAM OF URINE AGAIN!!! :) Gross I know, but for any woman who's given birth, it's a HUGE little victory! WOO HOO! CAN I GET AN AMEN MEGAN K?





6 comments:
Jennifer your funny! Wow, sounds like Cole is a busy guy meeting all of these goals. I can't wait to meet him. I wish we lived closer. Are you all ever in OKC?
How long has Cole been sleeping through the night? Are you still breastfeeding? I am starting to dry up and am giving half breast milk and half formula. I am sad about it, but Lilly is so much happier and just finally started sleeping through the night since I gave her the formula. I worked so hard for breastfeeding!
Your family is sooo cute. I'm glad your enjoying it.
Chandra
Wow! Cole I am so proud of you. You have been working so hard lately to make your mommy and daddy proud. Life does get much easier from here on out. I want to see the little man again very soon and kiss his little cheeks.
Good job Cole! And the "red" hair appearance is probably a reflection of the mega amounts of orange in the picture :)! You OSU fans. What a blessing that he's taking a passy. Don't worry about him getting attached to it...I've got some great tips for when it's time to take it away, and when to take it away. I've been giving the passy to Hudson ever since he was about 3-4 wks. old and many times during the night I find he's spit it out and he'll sleep just fine w/o it...now it definitely does help calm him if he's extra tired and crabby. Talk to you soon! Oh...and you guys are such a cute little family!
Let's hear it for Kegals! Wahoo! Congrats Jen. By the way, Cole has still not experienced Houston yet. Bring that kid down, ASAP.
AMEN AMEN AMEN... I keep forgetting that practice makes perfect. I have to get back into the habit. ;)
I'm really glad to hear Cole started taking a paci at five months!! I'm trying desperately to make Parker like the pacifier. She WILL, darn it. Cole gives me hope! It's not too late.
Post a Comment