Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Places to Go and People to See

Cole is 12 weeks now, and I am on the countdown of when he is going to sleep thru the night. It's getting better, but his max is like 5.5 hours inbetween feedings so far. I think it's just because he was early. So I'm cutting him some slack for the next 5 weeks, but if he's not sleeping thru the night by then I'm going to have to take some drastic tough love measures that I hear work pretty well.

He's been learning to sit in the Bumbo seat. He thinks it's fun for like 3 minutes to sit up like the big people, but then he gets mad when he can't push his gas out very well sitting. He is definitely a rooting, tooting little guy! So cute at that! We've had several visits the past couple weeks. Here are some pics from them:

Cole in the Bumbo. I love it when he smiles. Boy, hopefully you'll get some hair soon. :)
Aunt Brooke and Kennedi came up to visit last Friday. We had fun going to the mall shopping at Baby Gap Outlet, eating Camille's, and letting the kiddos play. Cole was energized by her. It's cool how kids react to other little kids. Cole perked up around Kennedi. It's cute.

At the mall...thankfully Cole slept the whole time!

Here's Kennedi learning to use her "gentle hands"...


"Aunt" Andrea was sooooo kind to offer to babysit for us one night so Chris and I could go on a date. We went to La Pizza Nostra and then back home real quick before we picked up the little man. :) Hard to find time lately.... :) Thanks Andrea for a wonderful night out! We knew he was in good hands, and it was sooo nice of you to offer! You're gonna make a great mommy!

Meme Ringgold was missing seeing him, so she and Papa came over for an afternoon. She got her fix I think even though they kinda fought over who got to hold him. :)

We went to Tulsa last week to hang out with my friends, Amy and Rebecca, and their little ones. Below is Cole, Ava & Addison, and Aiden. It was hard to get a pic without one of them crying. It was fun! Thanks Amy for having us over and for fixing such yummy food. You made it look easy with twins!

Rebecca & Aiden 6 months. What a fun little guy!

Amy and the twins, Ava & Addison, 3 months. I can't imagine how much harder it is with two. You're such a good mommy!

That just about sums up the past two weeks. Cole is really starting to want to interact with people and toys. He holds his head up GREAT on his tummy and can really look around now. It's fun to see him develop each week. I go back to work next Tuesday, so I am savoring this week....except from about 7pm-10 pm when all the fussing begins. Too bad they don't have daycare during those hours....J/K

4 comments:

megan k said...

They do it's called "hubbies." haha

Betsy said...

Baby Cole is growing way TOO fast.

Amanda said...

I agree... you need to bring that sweet child down here while he's still small enough for me to hold him!!! Love the pic with Cole and Andrea! I miss you guys!!! and by the way, talked to Betsy last night, and she said your ran the relay yesterday. I was there cheering on my sister. I wish I would have known you were there!

Megan P said...

I hope yesterday went well... I'll check on your sweet little fella every time I'm there when he is. He's just so precious! Can't wait for our boys to really play together :-)