Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Our Sweet Surprise--Welcome Christopher Cole!!!




To make a long story kinda short, to our surprise, Christopher Cole arrived 5 weeks early on 1-26-08 at 2:09 pm. He weighed 5 lbs 8 oz and measured 19 1/2 inches long. Thankfully he is doing GREAT!! He actually assessed at 38 weeks maturity from his nursing/physician exams. So whether he was really 38 weeks or 35 weeks we will never know. But what I do know is the power of prayer and the fact that he is doing better than he should be. Thank you Lord for working your miracles!


Details of the saga: My water broke at Lowe's, but I was not sure if it broke or if I was just peeing on myself ever so often. Glad we went home and decided to call labor and delivery. We didn't have a bag packed nor know where the list of what to pack was when they told us to come on in. We thought we had 5 more weeks to do that!! Little unprepared! Glad we made it to the birthing class last weekend! Um.....epidurals are wonderful!! Natural I now think is definitely doable if your labor is under 10 hours and if contractions are actually a minute. I was having lots of 2-4 min contractions instead of the 60-90 sec. ones, so I don't feel the least bit bad about giving in. Enough gab--here are pics from the hospital:



Before Epidural ...


After Epidural!! Much Better!

18 1/2 hours later here comes Cole!!



Dr. Collins was wonderful!! He really helped me out during delivery. I think I would not be recovering as well had I not had such a great doctor and nurses.


Proud Crying Parents!!!




Look what I get to take home!!! I couldn't believe he was really here!!

How cute is he??

Proud Daddy!!
I have more pics to post and more to write about, but it is time to feed this little man again. We are so in love with him. It's amazing the emotions you feel that you didn't realize were inside of you....

8 comments:

Betsy said...

Aww...great pics and story. My favorite pics are the pre and post epidural...you captured the emotions perfectly!

Hannah E. said...

OH, I am so thrilled for you! He is a BEAUTIFUL baby.
And oh my goodness...one of my greatest fears in life is having my water break in a public place, and you survived that! I'll have to hear more sometime.
SO glad everything went well!

megan k said...

So I started to cry in the hospital when I saw him and reading your blog w/ your pics made me tear up again! I'm way to emotional! Your pics are so funny and I can't wait to see him again!! And of course the 2 of you... haa

Aubrey said...

Yes you are right - you will feel love for your child like you've never felt before. You will not be able to get enough of him. We are so glad that you both are doing well - you are very blessed - he is precious!!! We can't wait to see all 3 of you again! Love ya!

Brooke said...

Hey guys! He is so precious and such a lucky guy to have such wonderful caring parents as the two of you. It is so amazing how much you can love something. You just don't understand until you have your own child. We love you and can't wait to get our hands on him. Kennedi can't wait to teach him all sorts of new things.

Kim said...

He is beautiful!!!! I am so very happy for you and Chris. I am so very thankful that God took you and Cole into his hands. I can't wait to see him and hold him. I have been working every night on the afghan I am making for him. I hope you are enjoying the book I mailed, you will find lots of good information inside. Hugs to all of you and kiss that sweet baby boy for me. Love you.. Aunt Kim

Amanda said...

okay, so I am expecting to squeeze Cole's sweet cheekies ASAP! Bring that sweet thing down to Katy as soon as possible!!!! By the way, congrats on not being pregnant anymore! Isn't it fabulous?

Theo said...

Cole is the cutest baby of all time! At least for another couple weeks anyway :-)

Congratulations Jennifer and Chris.