Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Past 3 Weeks

So the past 3 weeks have flown by, and I've just been trying to keep my head above water with major lack of sleep introduced into my life. Motherhood is much tougher than I realized! And breastfeeding is pretty hard--not just the feeding part but how much it alters your going and doing. I know they say breastfeed anywhere, but I am just not one to whip it out in the middle of Target or wherever. Anyways, I am determined to do it for at least 6 months, but man life would be easier feeding only with formula! It only takes Cole 5-10 minutes to suck down a 2 oz bottle of breast milk, but 1 hour to eat off the boob!! So I am learning patience and selflessness in a whole new way right now. So here are some pics since we've been home:


Just a few days old, doing his favorite activity besides eating...


This was a cute pic of him sunbathing. He had some jaundice, so we were supposed to let him "sunbathe" for a few weeks. It worked. He loves lying in the sun too, just like his mom.
How cute is he? The hat actually goes with an outfit much too big for him, but we had to try it on.



"I heard that! You're taking me to do WHAT tomorrow?"




To get Circumcised!! This is him right beforehand. He was not so happy later. He did get some local anesthesia, so he did not feel the actual procedure thank the Lord. Would not be fun! So he was 8 days old here.

Ode to Dove Chocolate....I love the sayings on the wrappers, and when I was still at work I had some Dove dark chocolates at my desk. I many times unveiled the wrapper saying, "Remember all the firsts..." Cole has had many firsts already, and I've tried to capture the moments for his baby book.


First Bath--by Mom and Dad




First pediatrician appointment with Dr. Bumpus


First Walk--we went around the neighborhood with friends Betsy and Sam


First Bottle by Meme Ringgold. We had to try a bottle at a baby shower recently. A little hard to slip in the back and breastfeed for an hour when you're the guest of honor. Thankfully he took the bottle. I was worried.



First time to stay the night at Meme and Papa Ringgold's house. My dad stayed up and helped me a lot of the night. He hasn't stayed up til midnight in who knows how long! Thanks dad, you helped bunches!



Cole 3 Weeks Old


I could keep going with pics, and I need to post some more, but I have to go feed again. Hopefully I'll post some pics of visitors soon. Cole wants everyone who sees this to have a GREAT DAY today!!!!

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Jennifer ~ hey girl! Don't worry about the long feedings at first - Hudson ALWAYS took an hour to feed while he was still little. The reason the bottle takes so much less time is because they don't have to suck as hard for it to come out. It will change - Cole will get more efficient with his feedings. I know what you mean about not wanting to just breastfeed anywhere - needless to say we didn't go out much in the first 6-8 weeks - and when we did I did my best to time his feedings around what we did. Everything you're experiencing is normal. All the pics are sooo cute - he is just adorable!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!

megan k said...

The last pic. of him is very cute!! He looks so much bigger already!!

Amanda said...

remember me a year ago? I was a zombie while Camden ate every two hours, but it took him an hour to feed... which gave me one hour to try to get him to sleep when he would only sleep for like fifteen minutes and then wake up hungry again. I didn't even feel like a person, I was just a boob. It's gets better, I promise! I think it was at the six week mark before I was like, "Hey Breastfeeding is WAY easier than fixing a bottle." Give Cole a squeeze on his cheeks for me!

Lynn said...

It was so good talking with you tonight! Cole is so cute.

Megan P said...

Oh my gosh Jennifer... he's absolutely precious!!! I can't wait for him and Pierson to meet! His pics are soooo fun!!!